The formation of condensation on the inside of the door is influenced by the temperature outside and inside the room and the humidity of the air. Moisture condensation on the inner surface of the door is the greater, the higher the humidity level and the greater the difference in air and surface temperatures.
How to get rid of condensation?
- Provide at home during the cold season a relative humidity of 30-45% and an air temperature of +14 – +22 degrees. To do this, it is necessary to organize ventilation in the house by arranging supply and exhaust ducts.
- Reduce the temperature difference between outside and inside the door. To do this, at the entrance to the house you need to equip an unheated ventilated vestibule.
- Increase the temperature of the inside of the door. This can be achieved by installing an entrance door with a thermal break, with a special door leaf design without “cold bridges” (doors of Series 100U), using MDF trims and extensions from the inside to finish the opening.
- Increase the convection (movement, mixing) of air in the room behind the door by installing a heating radiator next to the door.
- Correct “warm” installation of a street door.
What guarantee is valid for Steel Line doors?
All Steel Line doors are guaranteed for 2 years from the date of shipment, but not more than 30 months from the date of production.
The warranty does not cover natural wear of coatings, discoloration due to fading under direct sunlight.
Warranty service is not provided:
- If the rules of installation, operation, maintenance of the product, set out in the technical passport, are not observed;
- In the presence of mechanical damage resulting from improper transportation, installation, operation;
- If there are traces of tampering on the product;
- If there are traces of self-repair
- In the presence of force majeure circumstances – fire, flooding, earthquake, etc.
How to protect the door during repair?
Elegance Arch doors must not be used during so-called ?wet? construction work.?During work such as screening, removing walls, pasting wallpaper, indoor humidity can reach 85%.?Even if you’re redecorating your entryway, protect your front door from dust and dirt to keep it looking pristine.
Protecting the surface of the door
In no case do not expose the decorative finish of the door to sharp objects, chemicals – acids, alkalis, aggressive detergents, organic solvents. It is not allowed to contact the surfaces of the door with cement mortars, plasters, lime, paints and other building and finishing materials. To protect the surface of the door, you can use plastic wrap. Cut holes in it for the crossbars of the locks. Secure the protective film with tape. It is important to prevent the film from getting under the crossbars of locks, deviators. Important: the adhesive tape should not touch the polymer coating.
During repairs, it is important to prevent debris and foreign objects from getting into the keyholes and holes for the locks. This may cause them to break. After the repair is completed, carefully remove the film from the door, wipe the surface of the door with a soft damp cloth.
How to take care of the door?
Follow these simple rules – and the door will last a long time and retain its impeccable appearance, as on the day of purchase.
- Lubricate the hinges once a year. To do this, it is enough to lubricate the support bearings with a few drops of machine oil (for Series 70, 80, 90 doors) or drip it into special lubrication holes (for Series 100 doors). If the door is installed in public buildings, then the hinges need to be lubricated every six months.
- Wipe the seal with silicone grease once a year.
- Periodically lubricate the lock latch with any grease to eliminate possible squeaking.
- If the secretion cylinder is difficult to work, lubricate it with a silicone-based aerosol lubricant.
- Tighten the locking screw of the handle as needed (increased play). Operation with the lock screw loose may result in breakage of the handle.
- The door surfaces can be cleaned with a soft cloth lightly dampened with warm soapy water. After cleaning, the door must be wiped dry. Do not use other detergents and cleaners, abrasives, scrapers. They can ruin the decorative coating.
- Adjust the tightness of the web to the box using the rebate adjuster. So you protect the house from drafts and unpleasant odors throughout the entire period of operation.
Is it possible to buy entrance doors directly from the factory?
You can buy Steel Line entrance doors in branded stores in 14 countries around the world. In Belarus, there are salons in almost all cities. Here you can see the doors in different finishes and colors.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to buy doors directly at the factory. For the convenience of buyers, you can choose the doors and get advice on the website.
How to find out if duplicate keys of a new door were made?
So, you bought the front door and now you are handed the keys to it. But you have doubts: did someone make a duplicate of them?
That is why the Steel Line plant pays special attention to confidentiality. A set of keys for each Steel Line entrance door is packed in a branded opaque bag with the company logo. The bag can only be opened in your presence and guarantees maximum security.
What is the difference between lever locks and cylinder locks?
Cylinder and lever locks protect against various types of burglary. Therefore, when 2 locks are installed on the door, the attacker will need much more time and effort to open the door.
In a lever lock, the locking mechanism consists of special steel plates (lever). To open the lock, the levers must line up in a certain order, which is indicated by the shape of the key. In a cylinder lock, the working element is a cylinder. The door opens when the cylinder’s pins – metal spring-loaded pins of different lengths – line up to turn the key.
How are lever locks opened?
? Lever door locks are often opened with master keys, picking up the code.
False grooves on the levers and special notches on the shank stand protect against opening with master keys.
? Another common way to open lever locks is to drill them out and tear them out after cutting the outer sheet of steel.
Special armored plates protect against this type of opening, which do not allow the lock to be drilled.
How are cylinder locks opened?
The weakest point in cylinder locks is their working mechanism – the cylinder. The burglar rips out, drills or knocks out the cylinder. They protect the cylinder lock from the forceful destruction of the armor plate. The most effective protection is mortise armor plates. They are installed directly on the lock body, a hole is made under them in the outer sheet of metal. It is almost impossible to bring down such defenses.
Cylinder and lever locks protect against various types of burglary and together provide effective protection against opening.
Why is it better to install 2 locks in the door?
2 locks provide better burglary protection than one lock on entry door.?The best option is when 2 different types of locks are installed in the door: lever and cylinder.?They protect against different types of break-ins, which means that an attacker will need more tools and time to get into your home.?To make it convenient to lock the door of the house, you can install one lock with a rotary handle.?And you do not have to insert the key into the keyhole every time.
To protect yourself from burglary, it is not enough just to install 2 locks. Pay attention to the manufacturer of locks. Well-known brands develop their own security system for their products, come up with special traps from master keys and other tools of intruders.
In order for the castle to effectively protect against burglary, it is necessary to strengthen the castle zone as much as possible so that the burglar cannot quickly get to the castle. A steel plate will effectively cope with this, which will increase the thickness of the steel in the area of ??\u200b\u200bthe locks and protect them from opening.
What is a lock system?
Comprehensive burglary protection includes both a solid structure – it is responsible for protection against force hacking and a locking system – protection against intellectual hacking. Together, they protect the door from the most common types of burglary.