With the technological advancements, the industry’s needs have increased dramatically. Technology has also led to many changes in the accounting process. Accounting software is crucial for any organization in order to achieve accurate and timely results. QuickBooks is used by both small and medium-sized businesses. It has many useful features, including accounting, payroll, and restoring. It is susceptible to errors, but QuickBooks File Doctor can easily fix these errors. This file doctor tool can help to repair and heal any damages to QuickBooks or its company file. This blog will address the QuickBooks File Doctor is not working problem.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be used to assist you if:
- QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82
- QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -301
- QuickBooks Error Code -6147-0
- QuickBooks Error -6000
- QB Error Code -6150
- QB Error Code -6000 -304
- QuickBooks Error Code H101
- QuickBooks Error code H202
Integration with QuickBooks is possible using the QB File Doctor Tool (QBFD). This doctor can diagnose files and fix any issues your system may be having. It is an extremely useful application, but it can also be a disaster if your QuickBooks file doctor does not work.
Error: ‘File Doctor not Working Appears’
QB file doctor can stop your application if it hangs due to a repair procedure. The size and location of your file will determine the extent of this stoppage. This is a sign that the file is corrupted. To fix this error, you will need to repair the QBW file.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks File doctor is not working error
The application can help you fix QuickBooks errors and it is a lifesaver in many cases. What would a user do if the file doctor stops working? Imagine a scenario where the QuickBooks file has errors and you attempt to install the QuickBooks file doctor but it doesn’t start. How do you deal with such an issue? These are just a few of the steps that you can take to address this situation.
Solution 1 – Manually launch the QuickBooks file doctor
Follow these steps to do this
- Start QuickBooks file doctor. Wait until the screen displays a popup with open
- Next, go to files> Utilities> click on Repair File or Network Issues. This will open a dialog box.
- Click OK. The application will be started by the QuickBooks file doctor. Administrator rights are granted. Click on Yes in the dialog box.
- To open the QuickBooks file physician application, click on the wrench icon. Click on Continue.
- Log in with your credentials. This will launch the QuickBooks file doctor and get to work on fixing your file.
- Select ‘File Diagnosis only‘ in the Advanced Setting option.
- Click on Next.
- When the prompt appears, open the file to verify that there are no issues.
Solution 2 – Restore the Backup of the Damaged Files
These are the quick steps to fix the file doctor error.
- You can restore all backups of damaged files: This will allow you to replace the damaged file with a backup.
- Start QuickBooks by going to File, and clicking on Open Or Restore Company.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Local Backup, then click on Next.
- Go to the backup file location in the Look Inside’ dropdown menu box.
- Select the backup file. extension, and then click on Open.
- Click on Next.
- You will see a Save In drop-down menu. In that menu, select the location where you wish to restore the file.
- Save the file with the desired name. It will be saved as *.QBW
If the above method fails, you can try
Auto Data Recovery Option Once your file has been created, QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery will begin analyzing and reviewing your file. After ADR has verified that your file is free from errors, it will save an additional copy to the ADR folder. This will continue for 12 hours. ADR will create a backup of the file every 12 hours.