The number of people taking up gym memberships keeps increasing every year. According to recent reports, there are 64+ million people in the US with memberships at gyms and fitness centers. This is great news for the owners of health clubs and gyms across the US.
But, it’s not all positive news for the customers of these gyms. More people visiting gyms means gym floors getting quickly damaged by all the increased foot traffic. More dirt will collect on gym floors all across the country. This trend will lead to several risks like –
- High foot traffic at a gym means that its floor will pick up various dents, scratches, and cracks. Unless gym owners employ tactics to minimize day-to-day wear and tear, this trend will continue.
- Many people bring food and drinks to their gyms. Uncovered, unprotected gym floors often get stained or permanently damaged when people spill their food items.
- Cracked or chipped gym floors covered with dirt and debris pose various health hazards to users. They can make people slip, twist ankles, or get seriously injured in other types of accidents.
These are the reasons why creating protective flooring should be every gym owner’s priority. But, wooden floorboards are expensive. They also become dull and full of scratches once they’re used extensively for long periods.
How can small-scale gym owners create safe floors at cost-effective rates? A vinyl tarp can offer a surprise solution.
Protective Floors Made with Vinyl Tarps
Several savvy gym owners across the country employ this tactic. They essentially convert strong and sturdy tarps made of vinyl into floor covers. Tarps are large sheets of flexible, water-resistant, and super-strong vinyl.
People typically use tarps to cover or protect items from getting damaged by rain, sunlight, and other external influencesTarps made of vinyl are also used to create flooring solutions. That’s because this ultra-durable material firmly grips smooth gym floors.
They can be attached to any slippery or damaged gym floor. Tarps are very cheap items. They come in large sizes. Gym owners can easily cut their tarps into little pieces to create strong, non-slippery floor covers for their gyms.
- These are laminated or coated with thick layers of vinyl. These layers give vinyl tarps amazing strength and corrosion resistance. They can easily withstand decades of weather damage or wear and tear caused by foot traffic.
- The thicker your gym’s floor, the more protection it will need. Heavy-duty vinyl tarps have extremely high abrasion resistance. They can easily absorb the “shocks” of carrying heavy gym equipment or the foot traffic of gymgoers.
- Cleaning gym floors becomes much easier when you use vinyl tarps as floor covers. These tarps are machine washable. So, at the end of each day, gym owners can machine wash these synthetic tarps.
These tarps are naturally resistant to – mildew, grease, and abrasive chemicals. So, they don’t get too dirty too often. But, when they do, cleaning them is very easy. Savvy gym owners buy customized vinyl tarps that feature darker colors (easier to clean). They also custom-print their gyms’ names on their vinyl tarps.