Triple X syndrome, also referred to as 47, XXX, or trisomy X, is a complicated genetic condition where a woman is born with an additional X chromosome. 1 out of 1000 women get exposed to this disorder and deal with a plethora of symptoms.
According to the National Institutes of Health, nearly 5 to 10 girls develop this specific disorder during their birth. For more information, take a quick look at this article. Stay tuned till the end, and you will be able to uncover the wide range of causes and symptoms at a quick glance. Let?s dig deeper!
What Are the Symptoms of Triple X Syndrome?
Women suffering from Triple X syndrome face various types of symptoms that are different from one another. While an individual might get exposed to some mild symptoms, others experience no effects at all. People with Triple X syndrome are taller than the average height of a woman; it is one of the major physical features that can?t be ignored in any given situation.
However, suffering from Triple X syndrome will not affect your sexual development in the majority of cases. It will not restrict you from becoming pregnant after a certain point in time.?
Check out some of the symptoms that are stated below in this write-up:
- Triple X syndrome leads to delayed development of language skills and speech. It can also affect your motor skills, such as walking and standing up.?
- People often deal with some types of behavioral issues, such as ADHD or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Autism spectrum disorder is one of the major symptoms that is caused due to Triple X.?
- It can pave the way for learning disabilities; you might face a ton of issues while reading or solving math.?
- Depression or anxiety issues are some of the psychological problems that take place due to Triple X syndrome.?
- Triple X syndrome can affect your judgment, memory, and information processing.?
- Ladies with Triple X syndrome face a lot of trouble with social interactions or communication. They develop both low self-esteem and self-confidence.?
Some of the other symptoms and signs associated with Triple X syndrome include:
- Curved pinky fingers
- Wide spaced eyes
- Epicanthal folds or vertical fools of your skin that tend to cover your eye?s inner corners
- Breastbone having an inward bowed shape
- Flat feet
- Hypotonia or weak muscle tone
- Premature ovarian failure
- Issues with your kidneys
- Autoimmune conditions like hypothyroidism
- The size of the head might be slightly smaller than the average size
- Poor muscle tone
Now, let?s check out the various causes that are related to Triple X syndrome!
What Are the Causes of Triple X Syndrome?
Chromosomes are nothing but molecules that are present in your cells; it is responsible for your genetic makeup, such as eye color, skin color, gender, or hair color. A child receives these chromosomes from their parents. Usually, a child is born with 46 chromosomes; it comes with a pair of sex chromosomes such as XX (female) or XY (male).
However, sometimes a girl child ends up receiving three X chromosomes due to a sudden malfunction. This leads to Triple X syndrome in a woman. This type of error can take place due to early embryo development or before conception. Take a quick look at the forms of Triple X syndrome mentioned below:
- Mosaic: Ladies or women with this type of Triple X syndrome deal with minor complications and symptoms.
- Nondisjunction: In the majority of the cases, the father?s sperm cell and the mother?s egg cell divide in an incorrect manner. As a result, it develops an additional X chromosome in the kid. This type of error is referred to as nondisjunction; it comes with some of the serious symptoms that are mentioned above.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, now you are quite aware of the causes and symptoms of Triple X syndrome. If you notice these signs in your child, all you need to do is get in touch with a health practitioner as soon as possible.
Read More Blogs: